Pelita Pendidikan Program aims to improve the quality of education of rural schools by providing support in three areas:
- Delivery of teaching and quality of the learning process.
- Teachers' qualiﬁcation and competency.
- Adequate school facilities and infrastructure.
Pelita Pendidikan Program consists of four components, namely:
- PELITA ASRI: A program which supports partner schools’ stakeholders to create a safe and conducive environment at schools.
- PELITA PUSTAKA: A program to set up libraries at schools and foster good reading habits.
- PELITA GURU MANDIRI: A program to improve teaching skills.
- PAUD PROGRAM: A program to improve physical facilities and improve teaching competency of teachers and caregivers at Early Childhood Education Centers.
As of December 2015, Pelita Pendidikan has served 466 rural schools in Sumatera Utara, Riau and Jambi provinces.
APA KATA MEREKA
Teachers in this school are happy with their job. The school has many activities despite the limited resources that the schools have. With Tanoto Foundation’s help, our teaching technique is now comparable to the teachers out there. We do things differently now. Learning activities becomes fun and exciting.
Daryono, Teacher of Madrasah Ibtidaiyah Negeri Lubuk Kembang Sari, Riau
Children became more attentive during learning sessions. They are very happy with the playground facility in the center’s backyard. The spacious classroom also helps teachers to create learning corners for students activities. Thank you, Tanoto Foundation
Siti Maryam, The Principal of PAUD Bougenville 011, North Jakarta