Tanoto Foundation supports the improvement of higher education quality through activities such as Tanoto Student Research Award (TSRA) and Tanoto Professorship Award (TPA.)
Tanoto Student Research Award (TSRA)
Tanoto Student Research Awards (TSRA) is an annual program to fund undergraduate students in innovation and applied research.
Launched in 2007, the program is part of our efforts to advance the quality of higher education. Individual students or groups of students at the participating universities apply for the research grant through a competitive selection process at the respective university. Depending on the research areas relevant for the universities, students are encouraged to submit research proposals, usually focusing on application of knowledge and innovation of existing knowledge.
Tanoto Foundation provides inputs in making the ﬁnal decision on the awarding process. Every year, we also work with national media to publicize top research results and inspire other Indonesian youths to apply knowledge in ways that will enhance quality of life.
As of December 2015, the Program has funded 303 research proposals at the following universities:
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (since 2007)
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (since 2011)
- Universitas Hasanuddin (since 2013)
- Universitas Sumatera Utara (since 2014)
- Universitas Indonesia (since 2015)
Tanoto Professorship Award (TPA)
Tanoto Professorship Award (TPA) is a for m of appreciation by Tanoto Foundation for researches that are highly beneficial for the public. The following professors were the recipients of TPA:
- Prof DR. Ir. SM Widyastuti, Professor of Universitas Gadjah Mada Faculty of Forestry for research on ganoderma, genus of polypore mushrooms that could cause damage on roots and trunks of plants.
- Prof. DR. Ir. Herri Susanto from Institut Teknologi Bandung for research on biomass gasification technology as alternative energy resource.
APA KATA MEREKA
Teachers in this school are happy with their job. The school has many activities despite the limited resources that the schools have. With Tanoto Foundation’s help, our teaching technique is now comparable to the teachers out there. We do things differently now. Learning activities becomes fun and exciting.
Daryono, Teacher of Madrasah Ibtidaiyah Negeri Lubuk Kembang Sari, Riau
Children became more attentive during learning sessions. They are very happy with the playground facility in the center’s backyard. The spacious classroom also helps teachers to create learning corners for students activities. Thank you, Tanoto Foundation
Siti Maryam, The Principal of PAUD Bougenville 011, North Jakarta