Pelita Asri (Aman, Sehat, dan Ramah Lingkungan) is a program to foster safe, clean, and healthy learning environment in schools. Pelita ASRI is implemented in a holistic manner, supporting the schools’ “hardware” as well as “software” components.
In implementing Pelita Asri, we work with various partners to:
- Renovate classrooms
- Provide classroom furniture and ﬁxtures
- Build or renovate toilets and install clean water supply
- Increase students’ and teachers’ personal hygiene awareness
- Increase students’, teachers’ and community members’ environmental awareness
Until December 2015, Pelita Asri has:
- Renovate and built 350 classrooms
- Provide more than 15,000 sets of classroom furniture
- Implement 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) initiative 141 schools
- Renovate and built 222 toilets
- Trained 778 teachers in good hygiene habits and 3Rs
- Good hygiene campaign reached more than 12,600 students
The majority of students in Sumatera Utara, Riau, and Jambi reported positive change in their behavior regarding good hygiene habits such as hand washing with soap under running water, keeping the environment clean, and not littering.
APA KATA MEREKA
Teachers in this school are happy with their job. The school has many activities despite the limited resources that the schools have. With Tanoto Foundation’s help, our teaching technique is now comparable to the teachers out there. We do things differently now. Learning activities becomes fun and exciting.
Daryono, Teacher of Madrasah Ibtidaiyah Negeri Lubuk Kembang Sari, Riau
Children became more attentive during learning sessions. They are very happy with the playground facility in the center’s backyard. The spacious classroom also helps teachers to create learning corners for students activities. Thank you, Tanoto Foundation
Siti Maryam, The Principal of PAUD Bougenville 011, North Jakarta